Tuesday, August 11, 2009

McCullough Interviews Charest

So Kevin McCullough responded to my post and requested an interview. Okay, he didn't. He responded with a list of questions and asked me to answer them, and they read like an interview.

KMC: Better for a fool to keep his mouth still lest he open it and remove all doubts…That quote from my grandfather reminded me of your misleading email.

BOB: You get on the radio and do it before the whole world, and loudly. The quote itself is actually attributed to Mark Twain. And George Eliot. And Abraham Lincoln. And to Proverbs 17:28. Howso was I misleading? You were bombastic, you did play a tape you weren’t sure of, you did call two black men you’ve never met stupid. That was all of your screech on the chalkboard in my head that I could bear.

KMC: So tell me this…How do you defend (from a Biblical perspective) Obama’s desire to provide end of life counseling.

BOB: I don’t get the question. My mother died pretty young of cancer. I lived with her and was her caretaker for the last year. The day she was diagnosed terminal the doctor called me into the office with her, gave me the news, and began preparing us for the end. Some other very kind people formed a network around her and ushered her out gracefully. If that’s end of life counseling, every one should get it. I don’t understand the question. As it stands now the insurance companies dictate when an administrator calls the family into a room and informs them their coverage terminates, and soon thereafter so does their loved one. That’s callous and vile.

KMC: How do you defend Obama’s desire to force taxpayer funding of the killing of children in his health care plan?

BOB: Abortion is abomination. It’s also a complex right to privacy issue tangled in a morass of law that clings hopelessly to a constitution that was framed in the context of a different time and place. ‘Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.’ Romans 4:15. It’s only one of many issues to take under consideration in elections. Would you vote for Hitler instead of Obama if he promised abortion would cease the very moment he was sworn in? Was your ‘pro life’ guy George Bush antichrist preaching about the sanctity of life as he was bombing mommies and their babies on the other side of the world? You can’t be pro life and wage war, and especially war of aggression. Why do you want to legislate the sin of others? And why are you so obsessed with the unborn? Why do you even care? You and your politicians and their policies don’t want to take care of the babies once they're in the world.

KMC: How do you decry the statistics I used in the show -- when I can prove my source?

BOB: Well, you offer to offer proof, yet don’t offer it. Your statistic that 87 percent of Americans are satisfied with their health care is preposterous. First of all it’s a slanted question. You should be asking how many think there needs to be health care reform. If your source was a poll taken by the insurance or medical lobbies—which it surely sounds like--it invalidates itself.

KMC: How can you slander brothers in Christ while defending the actions or arguably the most anti-God administration in history?

BOB: I don’t know that you’re brothers in Christ, only God can see inside you. You say you are, but it is written: ‘This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.’ Matthew 15:8. You certainly don’t speak like disciples, and don’t even sound like followers. Play back and listen to your arrogant bombast some time.

Obama is not anti-God. What a silly statement. At last summer’s Saddleback forum with Rick Warren and John McCain, when asked about Christ, Obama said: “Well, as a starting point, it means I believe in — that Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that I am redeemed through Him. That is a source of strength and sustenance on a daily basis. I know that I don’t walk alone. And I know that if I can get myself out of the way that, you know, I can maybe carry out in some small way what — what He intends. And it means that those sins that I have, on a fairly regular basis, hopefully will be washed away.”

McCain said: “It means I’m saved and forgiven. And we’re talking about the world. Our faith encompasses not just the United States of America, but the world. Can I tell you another story real quick?”

You have to grant Obama what you expect of everyone else, to be taken at your word that you’re a Christian. Only God will judge him.

KMC: Please respond. I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

BOB: There, I’ve answered all your questions. I have only one for you. Scroll down a bit to the photo in the Parshall Malkin article. As a Christian I find Michelle Malkin’s pose with the swastika to be extraordinarily disturbing and offensive. No Christian on earth would strike that pose for such a photo. Not one. Yet you have a prominent link and proudly stated association with her website, hotair.com. How do you explain that?

I directed KMC to my answers on this blog, and after looking at it he said.

KMC: Without my clearance or permission....

Sorry I didn't respond in accord to the guidelines that included stroking your massive ego for a casual article. Then he called me a racist. Then he explained the Malkin photo.

KMC: The sign is clearly not an endorsement of Hitler but rather a poke at the President who asked his citizens to report on any neighbors who disagree with him. Which happened to be a tactic taken from Hitler's Gestapo. Any slight student of history would know and understand this...
Only a moron can not see the difference...


I explained that the photo had been taken six months in advance of the recent news to which he tied it. I then pointed out the ads on his website: the girl selling the tee shirt emblazoned: I'D RATHER BE WATERBOARDING side by side with the ad for Malkin's new book. He offered no explanation. Then I asked him straight.

BOB: So, when you come to judgment and you say to Jesus: "Lord, you know I loved you always." What are you going to say when He says: "Then why did you hang out with the torturers and the nazis who beat me and mocked me and gave me vinegar to drink and hammered the nails in?" What will you say to Jesus in that moment?

He got very, very mad, stated explicitly that he could take legal action and said goodbye.

I wonder if the estate of Mark Twain could sue his grandfather?

No comments:

Post a Comment