Monday, August 10, 2009

WBTN -- Judgment Day with Baldwin and McCullough

So I got home from work last night and turned on WTBN while I changed and decompressed. I thought Steve Kreloff might still be talking about King David, or that I might hear one of Michael Youssef’s impassioned lamentations I often enjoy. Instead my ears were assailed by the bombastic babble of two buffoons, who were sarcastically sniping about the Obama administration and health care reform. I quickly recognized it as Stephen Baldwin’s show, and decided to give him and his partner McCullough a listen.

They were free wheeling and dealing in exaggeration and mistruths—repeatedly citing a poll that stated 87 percent of Americans are satisfied with their health care. Yeah, right. At one point they played a clip they were sorta certain was a guy in Tampa, then went on to speak, with unwavering certainty, about two large black men in the video, whose IQs they knew measured thirty.

If they can judge two men they’ve never heard speak, then what can I say about the abundance of their hearts that did enter my ears. Their jaded hatespeak didn’t sound very Christian to me. They were too puffed up with their own righteousness and driven by their egos and lacking in the least humility to seem like servants of the Lord.

They do fit nicely into the pantheon of Cal Thomas, Janet Parshall, Bill Bunkley, Albert Mohler, Richard Land and Jay Sekula—the mouthpieces articulating WTBN’s social agenda in the ‘Christian’ conservatives’ holy war on the Obama administration and health care reform.

This I do not understand. Christ was very specific in his discourse on compassion, Matthew 25:34-36.

“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me….

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not…and these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

The reward and the punishment are crystal clear in scripture, so why would Christians advocate government policy and a culture that only prepares their own souls for punishment? Why would they ready the land for Christ’s return by ensuring that there is a plentiful abundance of poor and sick for Him to minister? The answer is that no true Christian would. President Obama stated it memorably, and truthfully, when he said: “the devil is in the details.”

For even as He was still moaning on the cross, the devil clapped his hands and smacked his lips and plotted how to wield Christ against the world. One of the devil’s favorite words is ‘Christian.’ He likes to eat them up and spit them out, to lead them astray and to hold sway in their house. He also thinks nothing of using it upon himself.

That is why Christ warned us about wolves in sheep’s clothing, and false prophets and false teachers; about the blind leading the blind into the ditch; about proselytizers making their followers more fit for hell than they are themselves. Thus does the devil dress himself in the wool of Christianity, and thus disguised he goes to and fro in the world wreaking havoc and destruction.

Make no mistake that Satan sings in churches and quotes from the Bible and talks on the radio and lurks all round you. But is he in you?

Christian radio should make me feel good, not riled and hostile like Balwin and K Muck did. I went to get their email addresses and the first thing I noticed was a prominent link to hotair.com, Michelle Malkin’s website, who happens to be my next guest….

No comments:

Post a Comment