Sunday, December 20, 2009

The PrayerCast Freakshow

"Oh the horror!" --Whammer

Have you seen these strange men and women publicly mocking God? PrayerCast

After witnessing that, I was bereft of speech. Those are some bowling ball sized cojones.

If you haven’t seen it, last week Republican Senators Jim DeMint and Sam Brownback, and kook in congress Michelle Bachmann, led by the reverend ‘pastor’ Lou Engel, held hands, chanted in tongues and solemnly prayed to God to intervene and inspire the Senate to strike down health care reform. These are the members of the political party that WTBN Christian radio endorses every election cycle? Say it ain't so. They look like sacrilegious cuckoos to me.

These are the politicians who, when we were bitch slapped by our friends the Saudis on 9/11, retaliated by invading Afghanistan, where the terrorists purportedly exercised on monkey bars and practiced shooting pop guns; and by invading Iraq to overthrow Saddam Hussein, the dictator that your fathers raised up in the first place.

I read the Bible—that book you thump like a drum when you should be wielding it like a sword--the double edged sword that is the word of God. And here's some truth from that book, if you can withstand having your weapon wielded against you.

Isaiah, chapter 1, verses 15-17: ‘And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.’

1 comment:

  1. Whammer,

    I absolutely love your blog! Yours and Urantian Sojourn.

    The only two blogs that believe like I do and guide me through these troubled times.
    But all through the ages there have been troubled times. Every single generation thinks that the End Times are in their life times.
    I don't believe there will be end times. I do believe that Jesus' will come back to make things right. And that there will be great times of tribulation. I also agree with you about the many anti-Christs. Not just one. You wrote a blog post about it a little while back. And your words (along with my personal beliefs about the Bible) are proving so true.
    I once again, thank you for your insight. You always make sense to me and leave me thinking real hard about what you write.
    I wish that more people would read your blog and really think about what you write. Maybe, just maybe, it would reach the right person, the one who needs it so badly.
    Like Jesus said, and I cannot quote, That the Sinner needs His guidance more so than the non-sinner. (I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to.)

    ReplyDelete