Saturday, April 25, 2009

Resume

HOSPITALITY WORK HISTORY

Robert Charest
201 61st N
St Petersburg, FL 33707
(813) 351-0895
email: dabobber@hotmail.com

EDUCATION

BA in English and Music
Honors College with departmental honors awarded
Southern Connecticut State University
New Haven, Connecticut

EXPERIENCE

-- I worked during and after high school and college in Durham and New Haven, Connecticut, in bars and restaurants including Time Out Tavern, The Greenery, The Yale Graduate’s Club and Archie Moore’s.

-- In 1994 I moved to New Orleans, where I tended bar and served at Houlihans on Bourbon Street.

-- In 1995 I moved to Austin, Texas, where I tended bar and served at The Tavern, Air Conditioned, from March of 1996 until May of 1997.

-- In 1997 I moved back to Connecticut, where I tended bar and served at Cornerstones in Middletown, Connecticut from August 1997 until August 1998.

-- In 2000 I began working for Brinker Restaurants. I served and tended bar at On The Border in Rocky Hill, Connecticut from March of 2000 until March 2003, when I transferred to On The Border in Orange, Connecticut.

-- In October 2003 I moved to Florida, and transferred within Brinker Restaurants to Chili’s in Largo, Florida.

-- From 2004 through 2010 I worked at a couple of places in and around St. Pete Beach, including Shell's and Sam Seltzer's Steakhouse..

-- From December 2008 until Mother's Day 2012, I tended bar and served at Carino’s Italian Café, a fine dining restaurant on St. Pete Beach. At Carino's I was also responsible for liquor and wine inventory, as well as general front of the house duties.  I have worked at Carino's during the seasonal winter months, roughly November through May, for the past four seasons.

-- I returned to New England for the summer of 2010, where I was hired at Mama Leone's on Hampton Beach, New Hampshire. Mama Leone's is a high volume Italian beach restaurant where I tend bar and serve tables.  They are open from mid May till Columbus Day, and I have worked there for the past three seasons, from 2010-2012, and have been invited to return next summer, a decision I have not made yet.

REFERENCES

Connie Peddle was the manager who hired me at Carino's. She can be reached at (727) 519-8833. Linda D'Angelo is the owner of Mama Leone's. She can be reached at (603)418-4877.   I can furnish more references upon request.

SKILLS

I read, write and speak decent Spanish. I author novels, and continue to pursue publication of my work, which can be viewed at my website: www.writerbob.webs.com. In 1998 I self-published a novel entitled: LORENZO’S FAT HEAD. I recently completed a new novel called PEPPERCORN CAFÉ, which is partly about my experiences in the restaurant world, and which can be previewed on the website. The gaps in my employment history can be filled variously by my supporting myself in other lines of employment and time devoted to my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment