Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Governor's Mansion

This past Monday, Martin Luther King Day, to honor the occasion, Alabama's newly sworn in Governor Robert Bentley gave a speech at a Baptist Church.

Included in his remarks were this statement: “I was elected as a Republican candidate…there may be some people here today who do not have living within them the Holy Spirit,” Bentley said. “But if you have been adopted in God’s family like I have, and like you have if you’re a Christian and if you’re saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like it lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister.”

Bentley added: Now I will have to say that, if we don’t have the same daddy, we’re not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I’m telling you, you’re not my brother and you’re not my sister, and I want to be your brother.”

Okay, Guv’ner. Are you sure you’re really a Christian? Because you would favor social programs, and would not call yourself a Republican, as their philosophy and agenda are in direct contradiction to Biblical truth.

In Matthew 13: 47-50, it is written: Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? And who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And what is the will of God in heaven, regarding your treatment of your brothers and sisters? Well, in Leviticus 25: 35, it is written: And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

I hope that your new Governor’s home is a ‘mansion with many rooms,’ because there are a lot of poor people in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment