Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jesus Christ in the Psalms, and Republicans

I recently read the Psalms again, and did so paying close attention to the manifold manifestations of Christ therein. David authored many of the psalms after he was chosen by God to be the king of Israel, and promised by God to begin the lineage that would end with Christ. It is prophesied in Samuel: And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom forever. --2 Samuel 7: 12-13

Stated within the Psalms themselves: I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. --Psalm 89:3-4.

And repeated by Jeremiah several hundred years later. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. --Jeremiah 33:14-15.

And since Christ existed before the foundation of the earth was laid, it is easy enough to imagine how his spirit touched David, and sang with his tongue. Many are songs of praise and rejoicing in the Lord.

O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory about the heavens. --Psalms 8:1.

And: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. --Psalm 91:1.

It is also fascinating to note the verses where the events of the crucifixion are foreshadowed in explicit detail (written about a thousand years in advance).

My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? --Psalm 22: 1 (Mark 15: 34)

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and feet. --Psalm 22:16 (Mark 15:25)

They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. --Psalm 22:18 (John 19:23-24)

Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth. --Psalm 31: 5 (Luke 23:46)

He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. --Psalm 34:20 (John 19:33-36)

They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all day long. But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. --Psalm 38:12-13 (Matthew 27:11-14)

Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me. --Psalm 41:9 (John 13:26-27)

They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. --Psalm 69:21 (Matthew 27:34)

David spent most of his life battling neighboring tribes in establishing the borders of the nation of Israel. There are many passages where he cries out to God for help against his enemies, and as read I began also to observe the remarkable resemblance between the ancient enemies of David and today's Republicans.

The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined. For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth. --Psalm 10:2

Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully. Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness...Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance or his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness. --Psalm 52:2-3,7.

But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? Seeing thou hatest instruction, and casteth my words behind thee. When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers. Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit. --Psalm 50:16-19

While the righteous cry out: Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. --Psalm 119:53.

Republicans resemble the enemies of David because they are the enemies of David; and as the spirit of Christ resided in David, so are Republicans therefore also the enemies of Christ; and Republicans who call themselves Christian like lying soldiers who've infiltrated the ranks in phony uniforms to shed blood from within.

Yet Christ the king is victorious, His enemies conquered! But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped. --Psalm 63:11

No comments:

Post a Comment